The country has brought the world diverse languages, famous actresses, and six seasons so there are few interesting things about India you must know.
- India is the largest democracy, with a 1.3 billion population. It is also the world’s second-largest country, after China’s 1.4 billion population.
- In the Hindu calendar, there are six seasons or ritus: vasant Ritu, grishma ritu, varsha ritu, sharad ritu, hemant ritu, and shishir Ritu.
- In India, more than 19,500 languages or dialects are spoken as mother tongues. The country is one of the most diverse cultures on the planet. In various regions corresponding to different languages and customs.
- In 2022, India plans to launch. The Indian government announced it will allocate $1.4 billion for the project.
- The first Asian woman to win the Miss World Competition is from India. Her name is Reita Faria Powell, she was born in 1943 in Mumbai. She is a model and doctor and won the beauty title in 1966.
- Indian cuisine is one of world’s best-known type of food. There are six types of tastes: sweet, salty, sour, pungent, bitter and astringent.